Since 2010 YouTube has gifted an annual holiday season present to their fans and followers – The top YouTube Videos and Music Videos of the year. And I am now re-gifting to you:
TOP TRENDING VIDEOS – US
- James Charles – No More Lies
- First We Feast – Gordon Ramsay Savagely Critiques Spicy Wings | Hot Ones
- shane – Investigating Conspiracies with Shane Dawson
- MrBeast – I Bought Everything In A Store – Challenge
- Gillette – We Believe: The Best Men Can Be | Gillette (Short Film)
- DAZN USA – HIGHLIGHTS | Anthony Joshua vs. Andy Ruiz Jr.
- jeffreestar – Kylie Skin Review with Shane Dawson
- Breakfast Club Power 105.1 FM – Soulja Boy Drags Tyga, Drake, Kanye West & Reclaims The Best Comeback Of 2018
- Saturday Night Live – R. Kelly Interview Cold Open – SNL
- TheOdd1sOut – The Spiders and the Bees
TOP MUSIC VIDEOS U.S.
- Lil Nas X – Old Town Road (feat. Billy Ray Cyrus) [Remix]
- Dababy – Suge (Yea Yea) Official Music Video
- Yo Gotti ft. Lil Baby – Put a Date On It (Official Video)
- Polo G Feat. Lil Tjay – Pop Out
- By. Ryan Lynch Prod. By JDONTHATRACK & Iceberg
- Lil Nas X – Old Town Road (Official Movie) ft. Billy Ray Cyrus
- Offset – Clout ft. Cardi B
- Billie Eilish – bad guy
- 21 Savage – a lot ft. J. Cole
- Ariana Grande – 7 rings
- Daddy Yankee & Snow – Con Calma (Video Oficial)
Kevin Alloca, who has the cool title of “Head of Culture and Trends at YouTube”, currently leads the team that produces these lists and a recap of YouTube video highlights of the year, Rewind recap video.
The montage is from a variety of YouTube Channels chosen based on most used, most liked, and number of channel subscribers. The recap video is meant to “reflect the year on YouTube as accurately as possible” said Mr. Alloca.
When watching the recap video and the videos from the top lists it is interesting to note that there is a wide variety of videos covering different topics, such as beauty content, relations with family members, and even a “short film” from Gillette around its “The Best Men Can Be” campaign.
Alloca goes on to say that the recap is a good representation of the “evolution of YouTube from accidental content to content with more traditional production values and the presence of (new social media) celebrities.”
The Top 10 non-music videos come from channels representing over 110 million subscribers and over 60 billion hours of video presented in the past year to the YouTube audience.
As you eat, sleep, entertain and exercise yourself through the holiday season take a few minutes to watch these great examples of modern Americana.